Asymmetrical Messenger Bag PDF Pattern, Leather DIY, Photo Instructions, Video Presentation, Crossbody Bag
Hi and welcome to my shop!
Advanced beginners project.
- This package contains the PDF pattern, photo and written instructions and a link to a video presentation that will walk you through the process of making an asymmetrical messenger bag lined with leather and shoe stiffener.
- The advantage of lining is that you obtain a sturdy bag that will keep its shape over the years.
- It also allows you to use thinner leather that will ensure the bag is lightweight. This bag weighs 2.2 pounds (1 kg).
- The bag features a removable full leather strap which can be easily adjusted to preferred lengths, and contains an inside sleeve. The crossbody bag can be carried by the handle.
You will find a list of materials, hardware and tools in the PDF pattern file. There is also a link to the video presentation.
VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR HOW IS MADE
- Adjustable shoulder strap (long up to 59" (150 cm))
- Front pocket
- Inside sleeve
- Wings for protecting the content of the bag
- Height: 8.7” ( 29 cm)
- Length: 11.4” (38 cm)
- Width: 3.5” (9 cm)
- Shoulder strap: up to 59" (150 cm)
- BODY: around 7.5 sq ft (0.7 sqm) of 4-5 oz (1.6-2 mm) stiff leather
- LINING: around 7.5 sq ft (0.7 sqm) of 1.5-2 oz (0.6-0.8 mm) stiff pigskin leather
- LEATHER STIFFENER: around 3.3 sq ft (0.3 sqm) of PITEX Non-woven leather stiffener or other stiffener for leather bags like Texon
- SHOULDER STRAP: longest piece, around 49" (125 cm).
- CONTRAST LEATHER: around 2.1 sq ft (0.2 sqm) 9 oz ( 3.5 mm) leather
- leather glue
- 1 mm waxed polyester thread
- edge dye
- cardboard and paper masking tape (for assembling the pattern)
- 2 x 1.18” (30 mm) buckle
- 2 x 0.98” (25 mm) D rings
- 1 x Sam Browne stud
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- 1.5 mm hole punch
- cutting mat
PITEX stiffener: https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/907142244
Texon stiffener: https://www.etsy.com/listing/829312689
TUTORIAL FOR HOW TO PRINT THE PATTERN HERE!
MORE PATTERNS HERE!
SHOP PATTERNS ON ETSY HERE!
FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vasileandpavel & https://www.facebook.com/Pavelcrafts
INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/vasileandpavel/ & https://www.instagram.com/pavelcraftleather/
PINTEREST: https://ro.pinterest.com/Pavelcrafts/ and https://ro.pinterest.com/vasileandpavel
You can sell objects based on our patterns and tutorials, promote our brand and share links to our tutorials, but you can not sell or distribute our patterns and/or uploading of our videos to your channels, social media, websites without crediting us.
© 1988-2021 VP Leather Artisans (www.vasileandpavel.com)