Lauren Leather Backpack Pattern and Video Tutorial
This package contains the PDF pattern, and a link to an instructional video that will walk you through the process of making a backpack lined with leather. This leather backpack features an inside sleeve, adjustable straps and a front pocket.
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF HOW IS MADE
VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR PRINTING THE PATTERN HERE.
The advantage of lining is that you obtain a sturdy bag that will keep its shape over the years.
This casual leather backpack features an inside sleeve, adjustable straps and a front pocket.
You will find a list of materials, hardware and tools in the PDF pattern file. There is also a link to the video presentation.
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Front pocket
- Inside sleeve
- Wings for protecting the content of the backpack
- TALL: 12 1/4 ” ( 31 cm)
- WIDE: 11” (28 cm)
- DEEP: 3 1/2” (9 cm)
- BODY: around 6.5 sq ft (0.6 sqm) of 3-3.5 oz (1.2-1.4 mm) vegetable tanned leather. The largest piece is 38/11”(95/28 cm)
- LINING: around 6.5 sq ft (0.6 sqm) of 2.5 oz (1 mm) leather
- SHOULDER STRAP: the longest piece is around 22" (55 cm).
- CONTRAST LEATHER: around 1.61 sq ft (0.15 sqm) 5 oz ( 2 mm) leather
- leather glue
- 1 mm waxed polyester thread
- edge dye
- 4 x 1” (25 mm) buckles
- 2 x 3/4” (20 mm) D rings
- 3 x Sam Browne studs
- 1/16" (1.5 mm) hole punch
- cutting mat
MORE BAGS PATTERNS
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Feel free to make and sell the bag made with this pattern. Credit for #vasileandpavel is appreciated.
©️ 1988-2023 Vasile and Pavel. All rights reserved. (https://vasileandpavel.com/)
I have not yet completed the backpack, but so the video has most helpful. I wish there were guidelines on machine stitching.
Thank you for the review!
All our patterns are made for handstitch :) However, some of our patterns can be made with a sewing machine., This particular pattern can be sewn with a sewing machine, minus the gusset.
Vasile and Pavel
Mooi en goed patroon
The backpack is super handy. Gonna make it in fabric, as my fingers will not handle leather. Another geat pattern form these craftsmen! AAAAAAAAA++++++